PIANOTEQ 4.5 released
Pianoteq 4.5 includes an updated engine using an improved physical model of the hammer/string interaction which benefits the new U4 Upright Piano as well as the D4, K1, YC5 and Blüthner Model 1 grand pianos. The timbre variation is now more refined, bringing more intimacy at pianissimo and stronger attack at fortissimo. Included in this new version is a new Condition parameter that allows with a simple click to modify the state of the instrument from freshly-tuned to completely worn-out.
PIANOTEQ 4 - beautiful, vivid, adaptable
Pianoteq 4 represents the future of virtual pianos, providing the best and latest technology available. The sound is reproduced through a physical model that simulates properties and behaviours of real acoustic pianos. This results in a remarkably playable, vivid and adaptable instrument. The size of Pianoteq is just 20 MB (MegaBytes) and installation is quick and easy. You can use Pianoteq on any modern laptop and connect it to your MIDI compatible piano keyboard.
New grand piano D4
Pianoteq 4 introduces the grand piano D4 which is the result of three years of research of refining the physical model that describes the hammers, the strings, the soundboard and their interaction. A Steinway D from Hamburg has served as reference and its main characteristics have been used for feeding the physical model. Each note has been carefully adjusted in its finest detail, just like in a real factory. The result is a stunningly vivid instrument created with the most demanding musician in mind.
New effects that benefit all instruments, especially the electric pianos, are now offered, including delay, chorus, flanger, amplifier and compressor.
Also included is a mallet bounce effect, especially adapted for the chromatic percussion add-on instruments.
A new exciting convolution reverb unit simulates real acoustic surroundings, from small studios to giant cathedrals. In Pianoteq Standard or Pianoteq PRO, you can even load your own reverb impulses. Thanks to the improved reverberation, you will experience a sound quality that is comparable to real recordings with the best audio equipments.
Keyboard calibration wizard
In order to maximize dynamics and performance, a new calibration wizard assists you in trying to set the optimal response to your keyboard and sustain pedal.
The Pianoteq 4 interface is now resizable, making it comfortable to work with on everything from 9” netbooks to 30” cinema displays.
New in Pianoteq 4.5: The Condition slider allows you to modify the state of the instrument, from freshly tuned to completely worn out. After a right click on the slider, changing the Random seed parameter will allow you to enjoy thousands of broken instrument variations.
New to Pianoteq? Download free trial version
Pianoteq customer? Upgrade to Pianoteq 4 now
Features in short
- PIANOTEQ is a physical modelled virtual instrument
- Includes the grand pianos D4 and K1
- Free add-on collection of beautiful historical instruments
- Optional add-on instruments: rock piano add-on, electric pianos, vibraphones, clavinet, celesta, glockenspiel, xylophone, marimba...
- Unique adjustable physical parameters: unison, hammer hardness, soundboard,... *
- Progressive variation of the timbre (uses all the 127 MIDI velocities)
- Control of the dynamics in timbre and volume
- Realistic sympathetic resonances, including duplex scale
- Microtuning, supports Scala format *
- Adjustable mechanical noises (sampled or modelled)
- Built-in graphic equalizer
- Built-in graphic curve for key velocity, note-off and pedal
- Keyboard calibration assistant
- Four pedals: sustain, sostenuto, harmonic, una corda
- Progressive sustain pedal, allowing partial-pedal effects
- Convolution reverberations
- Effects: tremolo, wah-wah, compressor, delay, flanger, chorus, compressor, amp...
- Mallet bounce (note repetition)
- Instrument condition (mint to worn)
- Variable lid position *
- Five adjustable microphones *
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels *
- No quantization noise (32-bit internal computation)
- Installs and loads in seconds
- Extremely small file size (approximately 20 MB)
- Excellent for use on modern laptops
- Extended key range (105 keys = 8+2/3 octaves) for the grand pianos D4 and K1
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Linux x86
- Audio Units / VST / RTAS compatible
(* in Standard and PRO versions)
PIANOTEQ is available in three versions:
|Includes grand pianos D4 and K1|
|Optional add-ons support |
|KIViR instruments (free add-ons)|
|Preset (fxp) loading |
|Piano model tweaking|
|Loads external reverb impulses|
|Note-per-note edit |
|Supports up to 192 kHz audio |
 Optional add-ons are sold separately and can be loaded in any Pianoteq version.
 In PIANOTEQ Stage, preset loading is limited to parameters that are present in the interface. Presets built with PIANOTEQ PRO can be loaded in PIANOTEQ Standard without limitation.
 PIANOTEQ PRO lets you edit 26 parameters for each note on your keyboard. In PIANOTEQ Standard, you can explore this feature with the volume and the detune parameter.
 Internal computation goes up to 192 kHz in the PRO version.
All versions offer the same sound, instruments and playability but differ in the range of features and settings.