10 years ago, in August 2006, Pianoteq 1.0 was released. We are celebrating this by offering 30% discount on Pianoteq Standard, Upgrade Stage to Standard and all instrument packs. This offer is valid until August 31.
As part of our celebration of the 10 year anniversary, we give out free Pianoteq t-shirts to 100 randomly selected winners of our little quiz.
Hans Ruckers II harpsichord for Pianoteq is a superb virtual instrument with authentic sound and response, and it is a joy to play. It is equipped with the three registers - lower 8', upper 8', and 4' - which can be combined in ways not even possible in the real world. Available for evaluation in the latest update 5.6 and as an instrument pack.
The Model B Grand Piano is modelled after a beautiful Hamburg grand piano from the Martha Argerich Edition, a set of 25 grand pianos selected and signed in 2014 by the prestigious pianist for their musicality. Subtle refinements of the physical model were made, resulting in a noticeably clear tone and astounding dynamics.
Two years of research were devoted for developing and refining the award-winning Pianoteq physical model. Pianoteq 5 brings a new clarity and authenticity to the piano sound. Moreover, it offers no less than 9 new piano models, and sound recording is taken to a higher level of control with the addition of directional microphones, letting you choose from a range of well-known microphone brands.
The fourth generation piano
Pianoteq is a virtual piano that runs on your computer. Celebrated for reproducing with an unprecedented realism the behaviour and the sound of the acoustic piano, it offers superb dynamics, natural resonances and unique physical parameters.
The powerful innovative features of Pianoteq, based on physical modelling and real time sound generation, make it the natural choice for demanding musicians including composers, producers and keyboardists. Pianoteq also features other instruments such as harpsichords, electric pianos, vibraphones and historical instruments.
Pianoteq features highlight
- Physically modelled piano
- Real time sound generation
- Full dynamics - no velocity switching
- Very expressive with superb playability
- Sounds and behaves just like a real piano
- Unique tuning, voicing and design adjustments
- Mic position, up to 5 mics
- Multi channel, up to 5 channels
- Piano factory - easily create your own piano
- Many effects + a convolution reverb
- Advanced preset and parameter manager
- Unlimited perspectives
- 64-bit versions available
- Native Linux (x86) version available
- Works great with any modern laptop
- Fast loading - just 40 MB in size