- Fixed a bug with the MIDI recorder (random crash).
- The linux executable is no more PIE as some Linux file managers do not recognize PIE files as executables.
- New instrument: the C. Bechstein Digital Grand.
- Revoicing of grand pianos Steinway D, Steinway B and K2.
- The VST3 plugin is now able to take into account the "tuning" parameter of VST3 note events (useful for users of alternative tunings in Dorico).
- When navigating in the MIDI sequence, Pianoteq will restore the position of the pedals.
- SysEx messages are now kept in midi files when saving (instead of being removed).
- The metronome tic toc sound has been slightly changed.
- The tempo / time signature of the metronome is now embedded in midi files recorded with Pianoteq.
- When using external reverb impulses, Pianoteq will store (if possible) the path of the WAV file relative to the Pianoteq presets folder, or to the user home folder.
- Fixed issue in the attack of some notes at low velocities.
- New instrument: the ANT. PETROF grand piano.
- Fixed multi-channel MIDI mappings.
- (2018/09/27) Fixed crash when loaded as a plugin.
- Workaround for the AU plugin in Studio One 4.
- Improve the detection of true-stereo impulse files.
- The VST3 can now load with 5 channels in REAPER.
- Fixed wrong positioning of labels in the presets manager.
- Small adjustment to the Blüthner Grand, making the sound a bit less wet.
- Fix for the 'Buff stop' pedal and the 'Mute' slider, which were broken in v6.2.0.
- New instrument: the Steingraeber E-272.
- New pedal: the Mozart rail.
- Minor revoicing of all grand pianos.
- Pianissimo behaviour improved for all grand pianos.
- The preset manager can now be resized (when detached from the main window).
- On Windows and Linux, the main menu is automatically hidden in fullscreen mode.
- (2018/06/14) Fixed an issue of the trial version that could sometimes produce a loud noise on first note played.
- Documentation updated.
- The soundcard 'auto-restart' feature should be working again.
- The Perf panel of the options dialog has been updated to display the real-time cpu performance index.
- New spatialisation technique which brings more air and presence to the instruments, increasing realism.
- Minor re-voicing on some instruments/presets.
- Support for the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) extended plug-in format from Native Instruments.
- The most recently used presets (up to 5) are displayed in the presets menu.
- The loudness should be more even when the reverb amount is changed.
- The issue where an unavailable soundcard would sometimes freeze the interface on startup should be fixed.
- An old issue where sometimes a parameter change would fail to apply has been solved.
- (2017/11/02) updated the STAGE version in order to fix an issue with non-global midimappings.
- (2018/01/17) Better handling of multitouch events for the graphical keyboard.
- (2018/01/17) Fix automation of pedals, and diapason.
- (2018/01/17) Fix issue where sympathetic resonnance was not working with the --multicore max option on Linux.
- (2018/01/17) Added command-line options --midi-channel and --midi-transpose to the standalone version.
- The VST3 plugin should now be listed next to the old 'Pianoteq 5' vst2 plugin in Cubase, instead of being in the 'Synth' folder.
- The issue with the VST3 plugin on Dorico has been fixed (simultaneous 'All Notes Off' and 'Note On' events).
- Fixed malfunctioning random button in the spectrum profile note edit.
- Allow larger ratios to be recognized in the microtuning component.
- The command-line export of large MIDI files on macos is fixed.
- Stability improvements.
- A workaround for the AVIRA false positive malware warning has been found.
- Fixed an issue where the presets saved with the STAGE version would sound different when reloaded.
- Add an option to disable the chord detector (in options / general).
- Fixed stuck tremolo issue when the depth was brought to zero.
- Partial fix to the issue where touchscreens do not work with Pianoteq 6 popup menus.
- Partial fix to the issue where the LV2 plugin window would not resize correctly.
- Fixed issue where the Pianoteq STD AudioUnit would sometimes refuse to load in Ableton Live .
- Fixed issue where the Pianoteq VST3 would produce a buzzing sound in Dorico.
- All 49 instruments available in Pianoteq have been overhauled (the pianos, EPs, percussions, etc, including KIVIR).
- VST3 plugin format support has been added (plugin formats supported in Pianoteq 6: VST2, VST3, AU, AAX (64-bit), LV2).
- A MIDI playlist is now available.
- The MIDI auto-recording and archiving is improved and more configurable.
- The MIDI Mappings feature is more configurable -- MIDI Mapping can now be either global, or preset specific.
- Audio export in MP3 or FLAC format has been added.
- New tuning tool (available in Pianoteq Std and Pro only).
- A simple chord detector has been added.
- The Linux version is now available for ARM architectures.
- Fixed issue with audio glitches when changing parameters on some presets (electric pianos in stereo mode).
- Small improvement of the ALSA output latency on Linux.
- New instrument: the Grotrian Concert Royal grand piano, authorized by Grotrian.
- New effects presets, by K.P. Rausch.
- Pianoteq can now open MIDI and FXP files from the 'Open With' contextual menu of the MacOS Finder and Windows explorer.
- New instrument: the electric piano "MKII", included in the "Electric" instrument pack.
- For consistency, the "R2" instrument has been renamed to "MKI".
- The dampers algorithm has been revisited (all instruments), improving their behaviour for fast successions of Note-On/Note-Off.
- Fixed a sustain pedal bug in the trial version.
- Added missing parameters in the midimappings menu (harpsichords registers switches).
- Fixed an activation issue for users that were upgrading from version 5.5
- Fixed pictures and some labels in the harpsichord voicing/tuning/design panels of Pianoteq STD/PRO.
- New instrument: the Ruckers Harpsichord, with its 3 registers.
- The 'lute stop' pedal has been renamed as 'buff stop'. Its sound has been largely improved.
- The control nodes in the velocity / equalizer editor can now be moved with the keyboard arrows.
- The linux lv2 plugin version has been brought up-to-date (no more deprecated extensions).
- Support for multichannel keyboard mappings has been introduced in Pianoteq std/pro, allowing full keyboard range on scales with up to 128 notes per octave, with keyboards such as terpstrakeyboard.
- Correction of a minor resonance bug for the piano instruments.
- KIVIR.ptq is updated as well -- due to compatibility issues, the new Kivir.ptq works only with version 5.5.1
- Clavinet and clavichord: better behaviour of the pitch variation on note attacks.
- New instrument: the Model B Grand Piano.
- Fixed incorrect plugin window size when the graphical keyboard was hidden.
- Fixed issue with some reverb impulses that could not be loaded.
- Fixed crash with the Pianet when some combination of parameters is used.
- Fixed GUI being wrongly displaced by the random button.
- New instrument added in the Hohner collection: the Pianet N.
- A fuzz effect has been added.
- In the standalone version, it is now possible to delete parts of the MIDI sequence loaded (right click on the sequence).
- Fixed issues with the attachment of a midimapping to a specific preset.
- New instrument: the Concert Harp.
- New pedals: glissando and pinch harmonics.
- Diatonic mode switch for the keyboard (the small 'D' button on the left of the graphical keyboard).
- New effect: the 3-band parametric equalizer.
- Copy/paste of all notes now available in the spectrum profile editor (Pianoteq Pro only).
- Fixed an issue with excessive CPU usage.
- Fixed the pickup sliders for the Hohner instruments.
- The Clavinet instrument pack becomes the Hohner collection including two new instruments: the Pianet T and the Electra.
- A phaser effect has been added.
- Added an "ignore the sustain pedal" switch for the sostenuto pedal.
- The wav export settings are now recalled.
- Fixed engine issue when running at 192kHz.
- D4 Grand update: una corda model revisited, slight revoicing, in particular from ppp to p.
- New instrument: the Toy Piano.
- Small update to Bluethner (revoicing, mainly in the upper range).
- Fixed an unexpectedly low output volume on some instruments (electric pianos) when stereo or mono output mode is selected and multicore rendering is disabled.
- Fixed a rare crash involving simultaneous notes and bad luck.
- Fixed an issue with the AAX version on OSX.
- KIViR collection brought up-to-date with Pianoteq 5.
- Binaural model improved for all instruments.
- D4 Grand slightly revoiced.
- Extended keyboard range switch available in the interface.
- MIDI realtime-tuning support.
- Small updates to D4, K2 (lowered a few longitudinal modes) and Bluethner (voicing).
- Fixed issue with the AU plugin that was not recognized by a few hosts (STAGE version only).
- Metronome fixes (1/1 time signature begin silent, accent on first not being recalled).
- Velocity curve fixed to allow silent notes.
- Supersostenu was missing from the list of midi-assignable parameters.
- All instruments brought up-to-date with latest model improvements, D4 and YC5 re-built from scratch.
- Nine new instruments: Grand K2 and the Kremsegg Collection.
- The free KIVIR instruments are still those of version 4, but we are working on them and a very improved version will be available soon. Stay tuned.
- Directional microphones support, which can be rotated in all directions.
- Many microphone models, with various directivity patterns, are available.
- Microphones can be linked together, and then moved or rotated together.
- The polarity of a microphone can be reversed (for M/S recording situations, typically).
- The four pedals of the interface can be re-assigned to a few parameters such as Rattle, Lute Stop, Celeste, Super Sostenuto.
- Improved key noises, with an optional humanization of the parameters.
- Pianoteq presets (FXP files) can now embed a short MIDI excerpt.
- Dithering added to the audio export in Pianoteq Standalone.
- Small metronome improvements.
- Fix the incorrect aftertouch velocity curve for the W1 electric piano presets.
- Fixed crash with Tracktion 5 on mac.
- (2014/04/17) Fix for the documentation that would not open in the 'help' menu.
- Workaround for an issue with Maschine 2.0 (crash when loading the VST plugin).
- Fixed bug of STAGE version where a wrong mic configuration could be sometimes selected after loading a reverb preset.
- Fixed sostenuto pedal behaviour when the sustain pedal is engaged.
- Handling of scala KBM files with more than one occurence of the same note is fixed.
- (2013/11/21) Fix for interface freezes and keyboard issues of the VST plugin with Ableton Live (on Windows).
- (2014/01/15) The electric pianos have been renamed as "Vintage Tines R2" and "Vintage Reeds W1".
- Fixed an issue with CoreAudio on MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks), where Pianoteq would sometimes freeze on startup.
- Fixed a crash that happened on some specific conditions (typically Pro Tools with a buffer size set to 1024, for some presets).
- Pianoteq is now available as an AAX plugin for Pro Tools 11.
- French translation of tooltips available.
- The condition slider is correctly saved and restored in Pianoteq STAGE.
- (2013/10/07) Fixed a crash occuring on some instruments when the damping duration was set to a very high value.
- Fixed a crash in the delay effect.
- Fixed issue where the ASIO sample rate was not correctly restored on startup.
- Bluethner picture is back in the preset window.
- Linux archive permissions fixed.
- (2013/04/16) fixed crash with midi automation of some sliders.
- (2013/04/16) fixed U4 wall being dragged out of reach.
- New add-on instrument: the upright piano U4.
- The others grand pianos benefit from model improvements: D4, K1, YC5 and Bluethner have been updated and improved.
- New 'Condition' parameter: turn a perfect instrument into a worn out, detuned and broken instrument, with a single click.
- New 'Unison Balance' parameter (available in Note-Edit with Pro version, and via right-click on the unison slider in Pianoteq Standard).
- Fullscreen mode.
- Linux version is now also available as a LV2 plugin.
- New instrument in the KIViR collection: the Neupert clavichord.
- Pianoteq now has a velocity curve for the aftertouch (polyphonic AT and channel pressure).
- The graphical keyboard of the interface can also trigger aftertouch messages by clicking a key and dragging the cursor up and down.
- New optional add-on instrument: The Bluethner Model 1.
- The electric piano R1 has been replaced by its successor, the R2.
- The old R1 presets have been moved in a legacy add-on.
- New parameter for R1: tines sound.
- Improved the Chorus effect.
- (2012/07/13) Fixed crash with some VST hosts.
- (2012/07/13) Fixed behaviour of the delay polarity switch when controlled by MIDI messages.
- (2012/08/23) Fixed regression in the pedal noises.
- New steeldrums/steelpans/tank drum instruments.
- Performance issue with effects fixed.
- Fixed a bug where custom effect presets were not being enabled when loaded.
- Fixed automation issues of the STAGE version with some parameters.
- The windows version now releases the audio/midi device when the computer is being suspended.
- The windows version correctly shuts down when the computer is being turned off.
- Slow WAV export in the standalone version fixed.
- The panic button also resets the midi connections when clicked.
- The 'no audio device' dialog has been improved.
- Better behaviour with low velocity repeated notes when the sustain pedal is used.
- Added 'clear menu' entries in the recent MIDI files menu.
- Added a '--midimapping' command-line option.
- (2012/06/18) Fixed random crash on startup.
- Renamed Pianoteq PLAY to Pianoteq STAGE.
- Fixed issue with some realtime MIDI messages (MIDI clock etc) on Macos.
- Undo/redo behaviour when a slider is being dragged should now be really fixed..
- Fixed magnification issue with the spectrum profile note-edit.
- Disabled multicore rendering for Pro Tools in order to avoid freezes.
- Grand K1: correction for an unwanted difference with the K1 of Pianoteq 3.
- Standalone version: single-step through midi files using the left/right arrows of the keyboard.
- Allow drag&drop of impulse response WAV files for the reverb.
- Improve diagnostic message when an external impulse response is not available.
- Fix issue with some midimappings not working on startup.
- Better undo/redo behaviour when a slider is being dragged.
- Do not truncate exported WAV files when the sound tail is long.
- Linux version: handle SIGUSR1 nicely.
- Linux version: solve incompatibility issues with realtime kernel variants.
- Fixed a random crash happening in VST hosts when switching effects.
- Fixed a few issues on Linux (wrong MIDI port name, crash when detaching windows with xmonad).
- New Grand D4 instrument, with an improved soundboard and sound radiation model.
- New set of effects, including a convolution reverb.
- Resizable GUI.
- New feature in the standalone version : Recently played on the keyboard
- and many more...
- Fixed a bounce issue with Logic 9.1.6.
- The pianoteq VST dll is now autonomous, it does not depend anymore on the pianoteq standalone executable.
- Native VST for the Linux version.
- Fixed an issue with the trial versions.
- Add a "MIDI Dialect" option for high resolution MIDI messages: The "Disklavier XP" mode enables the recognition of "extended precision" midi files recorded on high-end Disklavier pianos, such as the ones available on the international e-piano competition website. The "Hi-res CC#88" mode enables recognition of the MIDI high resolution velocity prefix for note-on and note-off messages, such as the ones sent by the VAX77 MIDI keyboard.
- Key range of K1 and C3 grand piano extended to 105 keys.
- Keyboard transposition can be controlled with the computer keyboard, or custom MIDI mappings.
- Pianoteq Standalone now recalls both A and B presets on startup.
- (2010/10/25) fixed issue with Gamelan.fxp.
- (2010/10/25) fixed activation issue on windows.
- New Xylo add-on, featuring Xylophone & Bass Marimba.
- Added drag and drop for microtonal Scala files on the Pianoteq interface.
- Fixed an occasional crash of repeated notes with some velocity curves.
- Introducing the Celesta and Glockenspiel instruments.
- Added a humanize option to the Strike Position slider (right click on the slider).
- The Mac version now includes a 64-bit version of the standalone application and the Audio-Unit plugin.
- The preset menu was reorganized.
- Fixed issue with multi-channel pitch-bend messages when used for microtuning purposes (with devices such as http://www.h-pi.com/ ).
- (2010/06/10) Fixed issue with the Pianoteq PLAY version not recalling a few settings (reverb switch etc)
- New K1 Grand Piano instrument.
- User selectable folder for user presets and add-ons.
- The default MIDI file for the standalone version can now be changed.
- Jack MIDI support for the Linux version.
- Increased the filter sweep speed for the wah-wah effect.
- Minor bugfixes and features.
- Updated engine and interface for the new Clavinet add-on.
- New "Mute" parameter in the actions panel.
- Added a Wah-Wah effect section.
- 29400Hz is now available as an internal sample rate in the options/perf panel (provides excellent sound quality with lower cpu usage).
- Improved the audio load curve, and added a warning in the options/perf panel for suboptimal buffer sizes.
- Various optimizations for netbooks, Pianoteq 3.5.3 runs smoothly on an atom N280 netbook when using an internal sample rate of 29400Hz.
- Minor bugfixes and features.
- Updated engine for the new Cimbalom add-on.
- Minor bug-fixes.
- (2009/12/16) Fixed a crash of the RTAS version.
- Fixed VST-specific bug when loading old projects or FXB files in the VST plugin.
- Fixed crash when loading some custom keyboard mappings.
- Slightly improved performance of multicore-rendering on windows.
- Minor adjustement of the damper model. KIViR.ptq also updated.
- Engine upgrade, with improved resonances, for all instruments.
- C3 and M3 pianos have been revoiced, and their soundboard replaced.
- Small improvements on the electric pianos, a new preset R1 Bark has been introduced.
- The KIViR historical instruments have been updated (small improvements).
- Note Edit for DETUNE and VOLUME in Pianoteq Standard.
- Note Edit for other parameters in PRO version.
- Note Edit, Sound Recording, and Preset Manager window can be detached from the main interface.
- Added a note-off velocity curve, and a sustain pedal position curve.
- New parameters available for most instruments: (hammer) Strike Point, and Damper Position.
- Adjustable playback speed for the standalone midi player, adjustable volume for the metronome.
- The compare button has been replaced by an A/B button, for switching between two presets.
- Pitch bend range extended to +- 2400 cents.
- Direct Sound behaviour improved with respect to Unison Width and Soundboard Impedance.
- Added 'Rock Piano' optional add-on.
- Added a few command-line options for the Linux version
- (2009/07/21) Fixed redrawing issues on Linux
- (2009/07/27) Fixed a small performance regression
- (2009/08/05) Updated the windows version in order to fix an "always on top" issue of the standalone application
- Fixed a crash when using pitch bend as a VST parameter.
- Reduced the default tremolo rate for Electric R1.
- (2009/06/18) fixed cpu count detection on Linux
- (2009/06/18) fixed plugin reset at the beginning of tracks on Logic
- Native Linux (x86) version now available, with Jack and ALSA backends.
- Added vibraphone model.
- Auxiliary output buses available for the AudioUnit version.
- (2009/05/18) A few fixes for the Linux version.
- Minor modifications to the C3 instrument sound: more punch in fortissimo, slightly longer notes and slightly longer harp resonance.
- Auxiliary channels available for Pro Tools.
- Performance improvements for G5 cpus.
- Fixed bug with midi mapping presets (saving / loading / etc)
- Various small bugfixes.
- (2009/03/20) Fixed some random "lag" issues with Logic / Garageband 5 / Pro Tools on Mac.
known issue: there is a 'mouse offset' bug with Pro Tools on Mac. When this bug occurs, a workaround is to move the mouse cursor over the bottom of Pianoteq interface.
- New acoustic model
- Mic position - up to 5 mics
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels
- New grand pianos C3 and M3
- Supports electro-acoustic pianos R1 and W1
- Unlimited perspectives
- Advanced preset and parameter managers
- (2009/02/20) Fixed bug preventing from loading FXP presets saved with pianoteq 2
- Improved reverb
- Various small bugfixes
- Fixed an initialization bug occuring in some VST hosts when the audio device is not running at 44100 Hz
- Improved linux compatibility (not supported) (2008/01/12)
- Improved multi-users installation (2008/01/26)
- Fixed an automation bug with Live (2008/03/06)
- Model update for the CP-80 add-on
- Added flat temperament
- Fixed bug concerning export of VST parameters
- New preset, C2 chamber, with a closer, intimate, ambiance and clarity
- Added resonances for 'dry' notes (without sustain pedal), particularly noticeable when playing staccato chords (C2 chamber and C2 concert)
- Improvement of space location for harp and sympathetic resonances
- Slightly re-voiced C2 concert for better transparency
- Some convenient keyboard shortcuts were added to the standalone version
- (2007/10/09) fixed the vst and rtas plugins of the windows trial version
- New preset, C2 concert, with an improvement of the piano model at fortissimo and increased dynamics
- Improvement of the string resonance
- Improvement of the harp resonance with partial pedalling
- RTAS version (Mac and PC) for Pro Tools 7.3 or better
- Pitch bend support (bug fixed on 2007/07/27)
- Drag and drop for midi (stand-alone only) and fxp files
- Instantiation as a mono AU or RTAS plugin (2007/08/03)
- Fixed a crash which could happen with the gui closed (2007/08/03)
- Multicore rendering (for dual-core CPUs and hyperthreaded Pentium 4, can be enabled in the 'options' menu)
- Receptor compatibility (distributed as a single dll in a zip file)
- Fixed parameter automation
- Small modification in the sympathetic resonance model (some resonances were too loud) (2007/05/15)
- Stand-alone: added 'clear menu' entry in the various recent files menus
- Stand-alone: output channel selection for ASIO sound cards
- Stand-alone: metronome volume now adjustable
- Stand-alone: fixed wav export bug
- New soundboard model for all presets
- New piano preset, C2
- Stand-alone player
- Microtuning with Scala support
- Key release velocity
- Stereo width slider
- Lid position, open/half-open/closed
- Smooth adjustment of parameters during play
- Many small bugfixes
- Midi controllers pre-assigned to the various sliders of the interface
- Handle program-change midi messages (VST only)
- Small adjustments of the default settings for the C1 presets
- The Universal Binary version of Pianoteq is now available
- Minor performance enhancements were achieved for Athlon and Core CPUs
- Fixed a bug in the fxp load/save under MacOS
- Fixed the installer so that Pianoteq now works with MacOS 10.3.9 (Panther)
- Added "Load FXP" and "Save FXP" entries in the options menu, allowing AudioUnit and VST users to exchange Pianoteq presets easily
- Fixed a bug preventing Pianoteq from loading in Logic